Last year worked out more than well, so we decided that Let It Roll is going to be cashless in 2018 as well! More info in the article…
Cashless at Let It Roll 2018
CASHLESS IN BRIEF:
- The chip-enabled wristband does not only function as a “ticket” that allows visitors to move around the festival area, but also as a cashless wallet. Every visitor will receive their own wristband when entering the festival area.
- It is possible to top up your cashless account online in advance (before the festival begins) or after arrival to the festival area (either online or in person at the Top Up booth).
- The cashless account will use the festival’s currency – Bolts. At every Top Up booth and in the festival guide there will be a currency converter to help you with the math.
- After the end of the festival, you can ask for a refund of the credit remaining in your cashless wallet to your bank account. For that you will need your wristband number (keep your wristband!) and a registered cashless account with a valid email address. Please read the refund conditions below.
What is the cashless wristband and how does it work?
Cashless payment systems work similarly to credit/debit cards or travel passes. Your festival wristband will function as a digital wallet to be used for purchases at the festival – payments can be made by simply tapping your wristband to the chip-reading terminal. First you need to top up your wristband with the festival’s digital currency – either online or at Top Up booths in the festival area.
Currency accepted at the festival:
Only payments by cashless wristbands are accepted in the entire festival area. Our cashless currency is called Bolt (BLT). 1 BLT = 50 CZK
- Tickets – can be paid in cash (CZK or EUR) and by payment cards
- Merchandise – can be paid in cash (CZK or EUR) and by cashless
- Cashless wristband top-up at the booth – can be paid in cash (CZK or EUR) and by payment cards
Setting up a cashless account:
You can register your cashless account in advance starting from 19th July 2018, i.e. two weeks before the festival, at https://letitroll.pay.intellifest.com/.
The system will be launched in late afternoon or in the evening (about 20:00). Registration requires a valid email address and some basic contact information.
- NOTE: It is not possible to use account credentials from last year – you need to create a new account!
If you don’t set up a cashless account in advance, we highly recommend doing it right away after arriving to the festival and not waiting until you need a refund of the unused credit. This will allow you to top up your credit online on the spot, and also to quickly block your wristband if it gets lost or stolen and transfer any remaining funds to a new one. These options are not available without a cashless account!
Once you’re done with the registration, do not forget to activate your account by clicking the activation link in the email you should receive shortly after. Then you can link your account with your ticket number. When you arrive to the festival, your wristband will be automatically linked with your cashless account.
If you’re buying your ticket at the festival, skip the ticket step and link your cashless account directly with the number of the wristband.
If you’re coming to the festival as a couple and want to use a single cashless account, you can do just that by linking two ticket/wristband numbers with your cashless account. In this way you can share the funds in one account. Please note that when processing refunds, we cannot separate who will get how much back to their accounts – the entire sum remaining on a shared account will be refunded to a single bank account.
Topping up your cashless account:
Topping up your cashless account is only possible in whole BLT amounts. To help you with the math, we have prepared a conversion chart, which will be available in the festival guide and at the Top Up booths at the festival.
minimum 4 Bolts / maximum 400 Bolts
Visitors who bought their tickets in the presale via www.letitroll.eu
can top up their cashless account without limitations at any time from the launch of the cashless page to the end of the festival.
Visitors who bought their tickets via Festicket.com can set up a cashless account and top it up in advance only if they bought their festival ticket before the midnight of 17th July 2018. Those who bought it on 18th July or later will only have the option to register and top up their cashless account at the festival.
Topping up at the festival:
minimum 2 Bolts / maximum 400 Bolts
Top Up booths will be open from Wednesday 1st August 2018, 16:00. Accepted payment methods are payment cards and cash (CZK and EUR).
When paying in EUR cash, the visitors can top up only with notes (5 EUR and multiples). EUR coins will not be accepted. If the visitor does not have the exact amount in cash, he or she will receive change back according to the cashier’s current options (i.e. either in EUR or in CZK). If possible, please prepare the exact amount.
- TIP: If you create a cashless account and connect it with your wristband number, you will have the option to top up online and avoid waiting in queues!
Note: In both cases you can only top up an amount of whole Bolts (with a minimum of 2 Bolts at the booth and 4 Bolts online), not 2.5 Bolts etc. When making payments, Bolts can be divided into tenths, e.g. the price of a shower could be 0.7 Bolts.
Paying at the festival:
At the festival you can use the cashless wristband with the chip-reading terminal to pay for all food, drinks and other items such as festival merchandise.
Cash payments will only be accepted for merchandise, festival tickets and cashless credit top-up.
Cashless account balance
Whenever you’re making a payment, the terminal will show the amount of Bolts remaining on your wristband. If your balance is 6 Bolts or less, the chip will flash orange when applied to the terminal to notify you of low credit.
- TIP: The easiest way to top up your account is to use the Enable Auto Top-up function when topping up your first credit. With this function enabled, your account will automatically increase by 10 Bolts whenever your balance drops below 3 Bolts. This way you won’t have to worry if you have enough credit whenever you need to buy something and won’t lose time searching for the nearest Top Up booth. Unused credit will be automatically refunded to your bank account after the festival.
ATM / cash machine
If you still happen to need cash, you can use the ATM located in the festival area.
Unused credit refund:
Refund is only possible for cashless accounts with a balance of 3 BLT or more. The refund fee is 1 BLT. The only refund option is having the money returned to your bank account. For foreign accounts, the refund will be made in EUR according to the sending bank’s applicable rates (the selling rate of “Fio banka”).
PLEASE NOTE: You will need your wristband number for a successful refund, so be careful not to lose it!
The credit remaining in your account will be refunded after the festival in accordance with the conditions below:
- The lowest refundable amount is 2 Bolts and the refund fee is 1 Bolt (i.e. refund is not possible for accounts with less than 3 Bolts).
- The refund fee of 1 Bolt applies to all refunds.
- Please make sure you request your refund in time and make sure you have entered correct information. If you make a mistake in the request and the money needs to be sent again or if you request a refund after the deadline, you will be charged a fee of 2 Bolts.
The refund will take place in one of the following ways, depending on the top-up method:
1) CASHLESS ACCOUNT WAS ONLY TOPPED UP ONLINE:
- Credit transferred via online top-up will be refunded automatically after the festival to the same payment card within 15 business days after the end of the festival in accordance with the festival’s refund policy.
- Disclaimer: The festival can not be held responsible for the bank fees connected with the transactions / refunds.
2) CASHLESS ACCOUNT WAS TOPPED UP BY CASH/CARD PAYMENT AT THE FESTIVAL:
- If you topped up your account at the festival, whether by cash or card payment, you need to request a refund by filling out the refund form on the cashless page.
- Disclaimer: The festival can not be held responsible for the bank fees connected with the transactions / refunds.
- The refund form will become available on Sunday 5th August 2018 at 12:00 and will close on 9th September 2018 at midnight. If the account has sufficient balance, the money will be sent to the specified bank account within 30 business days of filling out the refund form.
Refund at the festival will not be possible. The remaining funds can be only transferred to a bank account.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Below you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs). If you still can’t find what you need, please read the full article here
or contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org
a) How do I set up my online cashless account and what is it good for?
You simply register at the cashless page
using Facebook or by filling out your details. The Intellipay system will then send you an email confirmation – just click the activation button and complete the registration at the website. Setting up an account is free.
Your account allows you to top up your cashless wallet (wristband) online without having to wait in queues, to view history, review spending, download receipts, link the account to social networks, deactivate a lost wristband, and apply for a refund.
b) How do I link my wristband with my account?
On the cashless page
you can log in to your cashless account and simply connect it with your ticket number (before the festival) or your wristband number (during or after the festival). You can find the wristband number at the inner side of the chip, below the textile band. You can enter your wristband or ticket number in the “Wristband” section.
c) How many wristbands can I add to my account?
You can add a maximum of two wristbands to one cashless account. Please keep in mind that if you connect two wristbands to a single account, the funds are always being drawn from this one account and cannot be allocated to one or the other wristband specifically. Similarly, the unused credit pertaining to both wristbands will be refunded to one bank account.
d) What is the minimum and maximum amount for a single top-up?
Online top-up: min. 4 Bolts / max. 400 Bolts
On-site top-up: min. 2 Bolts / max. 400 Bolts
(Auto top-up: if the available balance drops below 3 Bolts, the credit is automatically increased by 10 Bolts)
Note: Both methods only allow the top-up of whole BLT amounts, i.e. 2 BLT, not 2.5 BLT, etc.
e) How do I find out that my wristband is low on credit?
Your account balance is displayed at the beginning of every transaction whenever you tap your wristband to the terminal. If your balance is 6 Bolts or less and you apply the chip to the terminal, it will flash orange to notify you of low credit. You can also easily check your account balance online if you registered an account at https://letitroll.pay.intellifest.com/
- TIP: The easiest way to top up your account is to enable Auto Top-up when making the first top-up (in the “Cashless settings” section on the main page). By activating this function, your credit automatically increases by 10 Bolts whenever your balance drops below 3 Bolts. Unused credit will be returned to your bank account after the festival.
f) What happens if I lose my wristband?
If you registered a cashless account and linked it with the wristband number before the loss, everything is easy. Just stop by the Customer Care booth – the staff will help you block the cashless wallet and transfer your credit to a new wristband. You can also block a lost wristband yourself in your cashless account: click on the “Freeze” icon in the “Wristband” section.
If you didn’t link your wristband with your cashless account, this option is unfortunately not available, and the situation is similar to losing a wallet with cash.
g) What happens with the unused credit in my cashless wallet?
All the Bolts you have purchased and haven’t spent will be refunded to your account in accordance with the refund conditions (see above). If you only topped up your account online, the money will be automatically returned to your bank account within 15 business days. If you topped up your cashless account at the Top Up booth (doesn’t matter if you paid in cash or by card), you need to submit a request by filling out the refund form at the cashless page
. In this scenario, the funds will be returned to the specified bank account within 30 days of filling out the refund form. You can request a refund until the midnight of 9th September 2018 in the “Refund” section of your cashless account. Only wristbands with a balance of 3 BLT or more can be refunded. A fee of 1 BLT is charged for every refund.