Winners of the best DJ set contest will have the opportunity to open the Shredder Stage on Thursday and Underworld Stage or the Shredder Stage on Friday at Let It Roll 2018. This contest is only for DJs who don’t have a confirmed show at this year’s LIR.
LET IT ROLL 2018 - 3X DJ CONTEST
Winners of the best DJ set contest will have the opportunity to open the Shredder Stage on Thursday and Underworld Stage or the Shredder Stage on Friday at Let It Roll 2018.
We are not asking you to make the heaviest, fastest and most kick-ass mix, but rather one that is inventive, atmospheric and makes for a decent start of the Imagination night at the Shredder stage, Forbidden Society Label Night at the Shredder stage and DJ Mag Bunker Night at the Underworld Stage. The opening set will take place on Thursday 2nd August from 16:00 to 17:00 (Imagination night) and Friday 3rd August from 16:00 to 17:00. The concept of your set is fully up to you, but – needless to say – it should go well with the style of the programmes it would open for.
Prize for the winner:
- Opportunity to play at Let It Roll 2018
- Two standard festival passes (one for the winner, one for their company) + camping pass + parking
- LIR merchandise pack (glasses, lanyard, bracelet)
- Industry BEC pass for two people
1) This contest is only for DJs who don’t have a confirmed show at this year’s LIR.
2) The winners will be selected in two voting rounds.
3) In the first one, six sets will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of professional DJs and the LIR team.
4) These sets will then advance to the second round, which will be public and will be taking place on Let It Roll’s official Soundcloud. Fans can support their favourites by clicking on the “heart” icon beside their set and leaving a positive comment.
5) The judges will take these votes and comments into account when choosing the two ultimate winners.
6) The festival does not pay for the winner’s expenses associated with travel to the festival etc.
Terms of Competition:
- send a contest set to email email@example.com
- Set length max. 30 min
- record format only in mp3, file name (Let It Roll dj contest 2018_dj name)
- Insert a function link to download the file (wetransfer, google disk, dropbox)
- Put a short Dj bio on the email
- this must be the current set in 2018
* Any failure to comply with these conditions automatically eliminates the competition set from the competition.
9 July - Set submission deadline (to firstname.lastname@example.org)
9–11 July - 1st round – Panel of judges consisting of DJs and the LIR team
11 July - 2nd round – Public voting at the LIR Soundcloud
20 July - Voting ends
23 July - Winners announcement
*Please note that this contest is only for DJs who have actual experience with playing at music events and use turntables (or possibly Serato, Traktor Scratch, etc.) or CD players. We believe that all contestants will play fair and be professional (this contest is not for PC-mixed sets!).